There are a lot of misconceptions about attorneys and law firms. So much so, that people have a tendency to avoid hiring them at all costs. The irony, however, is how much that can actually cost in the long run. When an accident occurs that causes injury, it is typical to consider whether or not to hire a personal injury lawyer. If the injury is significant, the odds are that it is in your best interest to speak with a personal injury attorney about your options. Since many law firms offer free consultations, there is really nothing to lose by doing your homework.
Injuries caused by accidents happen every single day. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that injuries lead to approximately 83.6 million doctor’s offices visits each year. When an injury sustained requires medical treatment and was caused by another person’s negligence, there is a chance that you may have cause for a lawsuit.
The following are some of the most notable signs that you need a personal injury lawyer:
- You suffer an injury that hinders your ability to work or conduct your normal daily activities
- Long-term care or a disability is now required due to the injury or the injury is permanent
- You are involved in a car accident that was caused by a defective auto part
- Unsafe working conditions led to exposure to harmful, toxic, hazardous, or dangerous chemicals
- You are having issues with the insurance company refusing to pay your claim
- You are not getting compensation for the work you have had to miss
- When liability is not clear in an accident
- A healthcare professional has made your injury or health worse due to their negligence or incompetence
- The medical and car repair bills are mounting and you were not responsible for the accident
When an accident occurs, it is normal to feel overwhelmed and panicked. Dealing with post-accident stress, insurance companies, bills, and paperwork is a lot to handle. As such, it is important to consider reaching out to a personal injury lawyer to learn more about your options. In doing so, the personal injury attorney will be able to lean on their experience, knowledge, and expertise to guide you in the right direction.
At Abel Law Firm, we take pride in our ability to adequately represent the injured throughout San Francisco. We give a voice to those who have suffered due to another’s negligence and ensure that they get what they deserve. If you have suffered an injury recently, contact our California office to learn more about your options today!